Previously I did a quick little photo ‘blog’ to show the recent “moved” deck garden, as we started ‘late’ this spring. Come to think of it, I think Mother Nature was bit late this year herself. In any case, My City Garden and now ~ on with the update!
You’ve got to love the local ‘Farmer’s Markets“! This weeks “Special Buy” was the ‘herbs‘! There is nothing like growing fresh fruits and vegetables to eat. But to have fresh herbs to add a bit of zest and flavor! Oh ya!
5 plants for $10! Pretty good deal!
I was quite pleased when I went out to start transplanting the new additions, as I noticed ~ We have Peas! Our hanging pea pots are starting to produce! I’m sure it’s not the craziest gardening idea out there… But for me, when we moved this spring, I reduced my deck size by 2/3′s so I’ve had to do some improvising.
When you start to think about – HOW YOUR FOOD GETS TO THE STORE – you have to start wondering – what will you do in a ‘gas’ shortage, for ‘when the supply’s stop coming’…….
- Best Sources for Summer Produce (getrichslowly.org)
- Herbs, eggplant, swiss chard, tomatoes and ever bearing kale… (osceolacsa.com)
- My Herb Garden (thepottedbloom.wordpress.com)
- A stroll through Sunday Farmers Market in Union Square (nycsummertimeblues.wordpress.com)
- New Summer Garden (downvalleytavern.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Herb Garden Potatoes with Fresh Spinach & Lemon (thekitchn.com)
- Herb Garden (freestylefashion.info)
- My First Vegetable Garden (localgypsiespot.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Farmers’ Market (kokolikes.com)
- Online Listing of Farmers’ Markets (paulasgardenpatch.com)